MAC Board Minutes June 25, 2012
Montessori Academy of Colorado (MAC)
2500 Curtis Street
Denver CO, 80205
Board of Directors (BOD) Meeting Minutes
June 25, 2012
Board Members in Attendance: Ryan Blake, Christopher Bracken, Zach Chenault, Bryon Farnsworth, Rebecca Hudson, Matt Parsons, Chuck Raisch, Katie van Heuven
Board Members Absent: Jennifer Crossett, Heather Day-Richter, Colleen Hackley
Staff: RB Fast, Nancy James
Guests: Aaron Ciszek
- 1. Welcome
- Parsons called the meeting to order at 6:04 PM
- 2. Approve June 2012 Minutes
- Approval of the May 21, 2012 board meeting minutes was set in motion by van Heuven and seconded by Bracken, all in favor (8), all opposed (0), abstain (0), absent (3) – the May, 2012 minutes were approved.
- 3. Financials Update
- Balance Sheet shows less cash due to construction charges for community room.
- Net cash flow for the month was positive.
- 4. Executive Director (ED) and Enrollment Report
- Executive Director (ED)
- i. Construction on the community room expansion has started.
- ii. Roof replacement has begun.
- iii. Summer programming is going well.
- iv. A Manager of Admissions and Development has been hired.
- v. French class is in the works.
- vi. RB Fast is working with the Colorado Montessori Association to advocate for Montessori programs.
- vii. Training material for the August in-service week is being planned. Consultants will be brought in during the week to train the staff.
- Executive Director (ED)
- Enrollment Report
- i. Primary is full through the end of summer which is new historically for MAC.
- ii. Marketing efforts that are being planned should increase the wait list numbers.
- 5. ED re-contracting process and timeline
- July 15 – draft from Parsons. BOD is requested to provide feedback as soon as possible.
- July board meeting will review contract and salary with Nancy.
- 6. Committee Updates and Reports
- BOD Development – meetings to be held to discuss planning.
- Strategic Planning – no updates.
- Fundraising – no updates.
- PMAC – Jon Folkestad has taken over as the PMAC president.
- Gala – no updates.
- Communications – no updates.
- 7. Executive Session
- Entrance into executive session was set into motion at 6:40 PM by Raisch and seconded by van Heuven, all in favor (8), all opposed (0), abstain (0), absent (3).
- Exited out of executive session was set into motion at 7:16 PM by Parsons and seconded by Bracken, all in favor (8), all opposed (0), abstain (0), absent (3).
- 8. Other Items
- 9. Adjourn
- Parsons adjourned the meeting at 7:16 PM.